A phenomenal fuck-ton of hip references.
[From various sources]
I decided to make an art (mainly digital art) masterpost with all my bookmarks since they were starting to become a huge mess. It has some other stuff too… I’m doing this for me but maybe someone finds this stuff useful too:-) xx
- ArteyAnimacion (this one is in spanish)
- Animation & CGI
- The Animator’s Survival kit (link to buy the dvds)
- ColorCollective (palettes)
- Great Pinterest Color board
- Skin Tone Swatches 1 (PS)
- Skin Tone Swatches 2 (PS)
Digital Art blogs
- barryjohnson77 (he works for disney since 1990)
Digital Drawing Tutorials
- “For the Rose Brid” Step-by-step (not really a tutorial but it’s good to watch other’s painting process)
- A redraw with some tips
- Adding details to skin
- Blending tutorial
- Blending Tutorial 2 (video)
- Concept Cookie (site full of tutorials)
- Coloring skin
- Hair Palette Chart
- How to draw Butts ◕ω◕✿
- How to draw Clouds
- How to draw Bubbles
- How to draw Eyes & Lashes
- How to draw Grass
- How to draw a portrait in photoshop
- How to Fake Different Art Styles
- Lighting (advanced / video)
- Perfecting LineArt and Texture (more like a speed-painting, but the artist tells you what tools he used during the video )
- Simple Underwater Tutorial
Digital Drawing brushes
- 6 Brush-sets from great artits (read the description for the other 5)
- Brush Sampler 1 | Brush Sampler 1 (SAI)
- Copic Brushes
- Skin brushes (PS 7 and up)
- Great Brush-set
Traditional Art Drawing Tutorials
- Composition Tips by Bill Peet
- Color-zones of the face
- How to draw eyes (really basic)
- How to draw heels (really basic)
- Lessons & Tips for Self-taught artists
- Proportions of the Human Head (really basic)
- Anatomy Reference blog
- Figure, face & expression, animals, hands & feets
- PoseManiacs (Reference for poses)
- PoseManiacs Hands Viewer (For some reason the first 3 aren’t hands idk why)
- Sitting poses
- Understanding Anatomy part 1 (the description has the links for the part 2-7)
Youtube accounts with tutorials & speed-painting
- PortraitDrawing (Speedpainting)
- Sharpie2319 (Speedpainting)
- TylersArtShack (Traditional Art tutorials & tips)
- Zyra333 (Traditional Art Tutorials for Fashion Illustration)
Pinterest is great for inspiration! (awesome art boards)
Awesome list of resources!
a pixel process-tutorial as requested by anons! please click the images to read!
and here is the finished product! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
(character is Sayaka Maizono from Dangan Ronpa, credit me if you use please!)
Software used : Paint Tool SAI
Brush : Binary / Pixel brush set to 1 px
Time : 2 hours
now let’s go over some tips of pixel art!
- keep your canvas size between 0 - 400 px. it’s easier to see the lines more clearer in SAI.
- look at the above. this is very important. do NOT make ‘chunky lines’ when doing pixel art. it doesn’t look very good when you do. you always want to have pixel lineart that is crisp and doesn’t overlap.
- now look at the color scheme. see how it all blends well? nothing is uber bright? yeah, you want to have a scheme like that. don’t use super bright colors unless you wanna stress someone’s eyes. try going midtone. do not go super bright. dim your color choices (literally. make em more dull looking).
- see that above affect? it’s called dithering. a lot of RPGMaker chip/charsets use this effect. here’s how you can do it.
and that’s all i have to say! thank you for readin’! (^ v ^)b
i made a tutorial for male crotches
transparent tentacle head
a really random set of things i doodled today????
These are some of the steps I remembered to save for last pic :)